Our History

The Company can trace its roots back to 1903 with the construction of the Normanby Hydropower Scheme, this was rebuilt in 2015 and has operated since then.

In 1995 the Company rebuilt the Karaponga Power Station which supplied the first electricity to Whakatane in the 1920's and in 2008 the Company grew the operational base to hydropower sites in the South Island of New Zealand and the country of Chile in 2009.

The Company has survived and prospered through innovation, risk taking and thinking outside the square.

The Company prides itself on having a positive impact on the communities in which it operates and actively participates in educating school groups of the benefits of hydropower in society.



2015